Tuesday 14 April 2009

Llancaiach Fawr ghost tour

Whilst I was in college about 10 years ago, one of our projects was to choose a topic and do a presentation. One of the groups decided to do a tour of Llancaiach Fawr Manor House in Nelson near Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.

They asked if anyone else wanted to come along. Of course I jumped at the chance with a few friends of mine. We arrived at the Manor House and were introduced to our guide, before being directed into the grounds of the house where the eerie tales began.

After a short story, we proceeded into the house. I instantly felt abit uneasy, due probably to my vivid imagination, but this would prove to get worse as we explored the house.

After a little while, we proceeded up to the next floor, where at one point we were stood in a corridor with a door at the end. I was nearest the door which I wasn't very happy about as supposedly there was a spirit that paced the corridor.

Whilst there, we were stood opposite some spiral stairs, and were told about someone's previous visit where they were stood in the same place as us, and a ball of light shot up the stairs towards the group!!! This really helped my uneasy feeling!!!

The tour was very atmospheric, and if you want to be scared, is well worth the visit. You can stay overnight at certain times if you are brave enough!!!!!

Although I was scared, I did enjoy it, and returned some years later with my sister. The tour was still as enjoyable as my first visit!!!!

Click here to visit Llancaiach Fawr website where you can watch the ghost cam to see if you can spot anything unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment